Thursday, May 12, 2011

Dr. Seuss Party Full Recap - Laci's 4th Birthday

The cake totally deserves it's own post... really it does I promise!

I know everyone has been patiently waiting for me to start telling you about the party. I was so busy leading up to the party that I didn't really get the chance to post much and it was kind of disappointing that I wasn't able to tell you more before. However, I guess that means I can fill you with surprises and tell you all about it now. It is going to take me a LOT of posts to get through this, because I want to do the party justice and take one thing at a time and not rush through it just to get it over with.

So with out further ado... the cake came from Say it with Sugar in Downtown Wylie, TX. They are uh-mazing at what they do. Jake wanted a 4 tier cake because Laci turned 4. So a 4 tier cake is what we got, not that anyone else really enjoyed the symbolism. :o)

Bottom to Top of Cake/Filling Flavors:
Bottom Tier (red) - Vanilla with Vanilla Cream Filling
Second Tier (blue) - Chocolate with Oreo Cream Filling
Third Tier (yellow) - Carrot Cake
Smallest Tier (green) and The Hat - Banana Cake with Banana Cream Filling

Is your mouth watering yet just hearing the flavors? I wish I could share it with you more than in pictures because it was just awesome. My favorites were the Vanilla with the Vanilla Cream and the Carrot Cake. Just wonderful. They were all excellent, but those two have already made me gain 3.5 pounds. I have to say that I am not leaving that cake in the fridge to spoil either, the weight will just keep packing on till it's gone, then me and the gym will be best buddies.

Ok, so we kind of let them have free reign with the cake and just said have at it. OMG it was just stunning. Everyone at the party agreed that it was one of the most awesome cakes they had ever seen. Are you ready for the pictures yet?

Here is the awesome cake I have been talking about...
DSC_0041

Need a size reference? Here is my 4 year old sitting next to it...
DSC_0051

Here are some close ups...
DSC_0036

DSC_0034

DSC_0033

DSC_0038

It was pretty cool because Jake was smart enough to tell me to get to-go boxes so that our guests could take some with them... Because we sure didn't need to eat all the left overs! So what do you think? Pretty awesome right?

Next I I will talk about what the guests saw as they pulled/walked up to the house as well as the wall decorations inside from right to including the mantle. Then save the rest for another day.

***Remember... most of these decorations we made, the only ones we didn't make were the ones with the Cat in the Hat because you could buy 5 foot tall Cat in the Hat boards. To learn how we made them look at this post from last year's party decorations. If you have ANY questions, let me know. Thanks!***

If you parked on the side street and walked towards the party this is what you would see coming down the fence (you would also have seen the bounce house, but it wasn’t inflated when I took the picture)…
DSC_0017

Then when you walked around to the front of our house they saw this…
DSC_0019

Here is a close up of the porch…
DSC_0022

What they saw when walking up to the door…
DSC_0024

DSC_0023

Inside the house from right to left we have…

Cat’s Closet (Jake’s Study):
DSC_0154

First wall with a cute saying:
DSC_0156

Windows to the left of said wall:
Now this was adorable because at the bottom we had the boy and girl peaking out of the window like in the book (we later on decided we should have done their faces too, but it was too little too late):
DSC_0159

DSC_0161

Right above them in the middle of the window we had the fish:
DSC_0158

Then his saying above him:
DSC_0157

Then on the other side of the ½ wall we had the boy and girl again with the Dr. Seuss Clock and a saying that said Happy Birthday Laci (you can also see the pillow we talked about yesterday):
DSC_0171

Then the TV (During the party we had some of The Cat in the Hat shows playing):
DSC_0173

Mantle/Fireplace Decorations – To make the wreath we started with a plain wooden wreath and wrapped around the feather boas, then stuck The Cat in the Hat in the middle. Then I made the banner that went across the bottom and just had books and decorations on the mantle:
DSC_0172

That was the first part of the decorations... here is the second part of them...

Here is to the left of the mantle (you can see a sneak peek of the bounce house):
DSC_0174

Going towards the back door:
DSC_0176

DSC_0184

Door leading to the back yard… ahem, I mean Seuss Park:
DSC_0121

I am skipping the kitchen because I can’t do kitchen decorations without giving up the food ideas.

Left side of the kitchen:
DSC_0177

DSC_0181

DSC_0178

Going up the stairs:
DSC_0144
Wall to the left of the stairs:
DSC_0149

Wall leading to Pop’s Potty… I didn’t get a good picture of the door and the decorations have already been put up… :o( I did get a decent one that I can try and edit that I will share later:
DSC_0150

Inside Pop’s Potty:
DSC_0150

Wall of the Bathroom:
DSC_0717

Shelves in the bathroom:
DSC_0716

DSC_0715


Mirror in the bathroom:
DSC_0722

Cute little night light that spins:
DSC_0712

Wall to the left of the bathroom little hallway & cute little gift bags:
DSC_0151

DSC_0153

DSC_0152

So that takes care of most of the inside decorations aside from the 1/2 wall which I will share on a different day. Again there is a lot of stuff in there, so if you have questions or want to know where I got something let me know.

Rounding out the decorations here is food and kitchen decorations...
One of the things I am always the most proud of is my ability to make food more fun than just food…. I mean some labeling, cute signs, shapes and fun names just make it go from something plain to spectacular…

I did realize that the pictures in general this year were not as good, but I think part of that has to do with that three of us were taking pictures and we don’t know what each other got, you know. It’s ok though we still got some pretty rockin’ pictures!

Here is a picture of the kitchen in general:
DSC_0092

The food consisted of:
Horton’s Hotdogs
Thing 1 & Thing 2 Punch
Sneetches Stars (Rice Krispie Treats)
Pop’s Pretzels
Sam’s Green Egg Oreos
Sam’s Green Eggs and Ham
Sally’s Sweets (MnM’s)
Fish’s Goldfish
Fox’s French Onion Dip
Daisy Head Mayzie’s Donuts
Max’s Mix (Trail Mix)
Grinch’s Popcorn (Green Drizzled Popcorn)
The CAKE… Already shown in the first post about the party

Here are some close up shots of the food:
DSC_0095

DSC_0099

DSC_0102

DSC_0105

DSC_0108

DSC_0110

DSC_0115

DSC_0116

What do you think of the food? Sorry that some of the pictures are dark. I haven’t had a chance to edit them and brighten them up a little bit. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see some of them closer up or want a how to on how they were made…

Last is the backyard decorations and some of the activities that we had...

I would like to start by talking about the BEAUTIFUL day that we got for the party and the backyard decorations and activities.

So... Welcome to Seuss Park
DSC_0121

Here you can see the patio that came with the house (the covered part) and the door in the right side of the picture where you entered Seuss Park:
DSC_0380

We didn't get a good shot of our table and chair set up, but there was quite a bit of seating outside...
DSC_0424

The Bounce House with the Panel I made:
DSC_0212

The Fence Decorations:
DSC_0213

The Face Painters were awesome!!! Of course my little stinker wouldn't get her face painted, I had to bribe her to get anything... she got a glitter tattoo that is still on after over a week. I swear she has had a bath since then! :o)
DSC_0329

DSC_0379

DSC_0283

Everyone had a wonderful time outside and inside. We were so pleased with how the weather turned out. It rained around us, but not on us until an hour and a half after the party was over... I got SO lucky!

Well, what do you think about the party? Pretty awesome if I don't say so myself. Each kid got to take home a goodie bag that had a book and some other seussy stuff in there (bookmark, fun candy, etc.). The party was wonderful and more than I ever could have hoped for it to turn out.

Thanks so much for stopping by and hopefully getting ideas and leaving some stinkin cute comments!

TTFN~


4 comments:

  1. WOW!! This party is amazing! Love all the graphic details on the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Question: How did you make the panel for the bounce house

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kianna... send me your email address and I can send you pictures of when I make the one for this weekend. Last year the guy let me borrow a pannel to trace, this year I have to do it differently, which is what most people would have to do anyways. But think velcro, white tarp, and either use vinyl (what I am using this year) or permanent markers to decorate it. So send me your email and I will get back with you after the party this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is amazing. where did you get or how did you make the large graphics/printables?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!