Monday, May 9, 2011

Dr. Seuss Party Recap #5 – Food/Kitchen Decorations

One of the things I am always the most proud of is my ability to make food more fun than just food…. I mean some labeling, cute signs, shapes and fun names just make it go from something plain to spectacular…

I did realize that the pictures in general this year were not as good, but I think part of that has to do with that three of us were taking pictures and we don’t know what each other got, you know. It’s ok though we still got some pretty rockin’ pictures!

Here is a picture of the kitchen in general:
DSC_0092

The food consisted of:
Horton’s Hotdogs
Thing 1 & Thing 2 Punch
Sneetches Stars (Rice Krispie Treats)
Pop’s Pretzels
Sam’s Green Egg Oreos
Sam’s Green Eggs and Ham
Sally’s Sweets (MnM’s)
Fish’s Goldfish
Fox’s French Onion Dip
Daisy Head Mayzie’s Donuts
Max’s Mix (Trail Mix)
Grinch’s Popcorn (Green Drizzled Popcorn)
The CAKE… Already shown in the first post about the party

Here are some close up shots of the food:
DSC_0095

DSC_0099

DSC_0102

DSC_0105

DSC_0108

DSC_0110

DSC_0115

DSC_0116

What do you think of the food? Sorry that some of the pictures are dark. I haven’t had a chance to edit them and brighten them up a little bit. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see some of them closer up or want a how to on how they were made…

For the stuff that has already been posted see the TOC below for links.

Dr. Seuss Party Recap - Table of Contents
Dr. Seuss Party Recap #1 - The Cake
Dr. Seuss Party Recap #2 - The Cushion
Dr. Seuss Party Recap #3 – Decorations Part 1
Dr. Seuss Party Recap #4 – Decorations Part 2
Dr. Seuss Party Recap #5 – Food/Kitchen Decorations
Dr. Seuss Party Recap #6 - Backyard Decorations/Activities

TTFN~

5 comments:

  1. Your party idea is too cute and creative and hope it was a smashing success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have an amazing time @ the party if I were a kid there! I love the way the food and decorations have turned out. I don't think I would be able to achieve that. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are those green egg oreos made? Everything looks so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything! I'm curious how you made the green eggs and oreos

    ReplyDelete
  5. You use the white double stuff oreos, open them... put a little white chocolate on the stick and then press it into the cream stuff, then put more chocolate on it and put the cookie back on. Once that sets you dip it in white chocolate... give it a couple flicks and then set it down. The helper (always have a helper for this so they don't dry and you can keep working) sprinkled the green sprinkles and put on a green vanilla flavored melting chip. They were adorable and tasty. I like to make them not on sticks too and use the molds from spinningleaf.com now for that. They are great quality and so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!