Friday, May 14, 2010

Baby Gift Basket for Landry

4/18/12 - I think it's super cool that someone posted this on facebook and a link... but I can't tell who it came from. I would love to thank them. If someone can leave a comment with who that would be awesome!!!

UPDATE due to some concern that I may have spelled something wrong... (thank you for your comments... that would have been horrible had this been a laundry basket and accessories):

* THE BABY'S NAME IS LANDRY GRACE HALLAM *

This is not a laundry basket...

Let me start by saying thank you to Ashley over at Cute as a Fox for all of her tutorials! I talk about them in this post.

They came to life in the last two days and below are pictures of my newest finished piece. It is for one of the ladies who’s son is the same age as Laci. We have become pretty good friends. Anyways, she didn’t register anywhere and just wanted receiving blankets and burp cloths and other girly things since she has a boy. I wanted to do something cute, so I did an awesome gift basket… Obviously the blanket is embroidered, but the other pieces are pictured below since they are hidden in the packaging.

Finished Landry Gift Basket

Close Up

Cupcake and Candy Swirl

Blanket

Burp Cloth

Ok, so I couldn’t find the Gerber wash cloths, so I used (2) full size wash cloths for each of the candy rolls. Not quite as swirly, but still pretty cute. I have (7) total pieces embroidered with Landry’s name on it. It turned out pretty cute didn’t it!?! Total Cost was more than I expected, but I am sure given more time I could have found less expensive wash cloths and with a coupon I could have gotten the burp cloth fabric cheaper.

What do you think? Turned out pretty cute huh? I am so excited to give this to her on Sunday!

I want to mention I have been given a Versatile Blogger Award from Anne over at Anne's Antics. I will be talking about this either tomorrow or Monday (probably Monday), because otherwise this post would be a mile long.

I can't wait to hear what you think about the gift basket!

TTFN~


23 comments:

  1. Landry is actually spelled laUndry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the child's name!!

      Delete
    2. GOOD FOR YOU YOU DID A BEAUTIFUL JOB

      Delete
  2. The set is VERY cute, but I would hate for you to be embarrased by a spelling error (you left out the U in laundry). Do you have time to make another set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Landry is the child's name

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies... The baby's name is Landry Grace Hallam. That would have been terrible had I spelled the name wrong, or spelled Laundry wrong... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!! You did a great job on this and I'm sure that baby LANDRY and her Momma are going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out amazing! That is so great. That is one lucky momma to be! I love the embroidered blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about little Landry's basket is so cute!! What a fun gift. Thanks so much for linking up at Oopsey Daisy's Baby Week!! Have a great weekend!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that idea! I'll be hosting a baby shower soon, and I might just have to use this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, it is so cute! I too have a friend that just had a little girl named Landry. What did you use for the cupcake wrapper?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of coffee filters. :o) Good luck if you make some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you find the basket, the covers and the cupcake looking covers?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found the basket at the Dollar Tree and have kicked myself every day since because I went back the next day and they were out. They were perfect for this! So sad! As for the covers and cupcake looking covers I don't know if you are referring to the clear stuff and the coffee filters or something different... let me know and I can explain more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whats inside the coffee filters??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why on earth would people assume that you made a spelling error, took a pic of it and then posted it for the public to see. That's pretty funny. The basket is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! I just made a similar basket for a baby shower I'm going to.. How did you get your lollipops to not fall over on the sticks? I'm having problems with that..

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did you make the lollipops? Are the on a stick?

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did you make the lollipops? Are the on a stick?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really cute. I think they'd also make great little holders for candy! Just a thought.

    By: Christmas Gift Basket

    ReplyDelete
  18. I could not for the life of me get those lollipops to stand up, so I just laid them flat, like individual wrapped candies. I also did a full pack of diapers underneath the candy. The new mom had two baby showers one in her hometown and one in D.C. where we live. She said mine was her favorite! Thank you for an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! A great post. I cannot wait to try one or two, three….! Thank you for sharing.

    Hannah
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!