Thursday, April 15, 2010

Craft Fail - Homemade Sling Neck Protector

When I made the homemade sling for Angie I did great on the sling part, but this little piece was going to be the death of me. This piece is what slides up or down on the sling to protect your neck from getting a burn on it.

On the first attempt as you can see, it didn't turn out so hot. I tried to follow the piece from the sling she gave me so that I could make a pattern. I made my own pattern and added room for seam allowances and to get it over the strap...

P4140360

Not only was it not big enough. As you can tell from this side of the piece easily that the thing was bigger on one side than it was on the other. Also, I did the fabrics backwards because the hello kitty fabric was supposed to be what was showing on the top, and the way it had been done was showing on the bottom. Lets just say, I have had better days of sewing.

P4140361

So what did I do? I scrapped the first one where I had tried to copy the pattern and made my own pattern. no curves on the edges, but really... it wasn't necessary anyways. So this is the final product. Turned out much better than expected.

P4050323

To see the full sling for the pattern I made from scratch go here and you will see the whole thing. It really did turn out good and Angie LOVED it!

We are up to $228 in just one day of fundrasing for the Trike-a-Thon Tomorrow. We only have $22 to go before hitting our goal of $250! Amazing! You too can help St. Jude continue its life-saving work against pediatric diseases. If you would like to sponsor Laci and donate please click here.

TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!