Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Sense"-ational Tuesday also known to me as Take the Time Tuesday

"Sense"-ational Sundays came from Emily Adams an old co-worker who used to blog her senses every week. She always started with this... "Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday (or Tuesday for those of us who are a little lazy on Sunday); let me know - I'd love to read along!" I find that it is a great way to share with my family and friends some of the highlight of things that I have done during the week that mean the most to me.

There is so much going on for this week senses post. It has been a great week, and as you can tell from all the pictures, I was busy this past week!

See – I see my favorite coach in the entire world. Laci and I met Coach Carter for lunch on my day off on Friday. He is the president of the North Texas Gun Club and there was a show in town this weekend at Market Hall. We ate at the hotel and I had an awesome salad. Laci was great until her dvd player turned off. But she was wonderful, the company was even better, and next time I better not come without some form of chocolate chip cookies. I know, the next time I will see you is Thanksgiving weekend. I won’t forget, promise! Oh we also had a block party this past weekend by our house we went to. They had a fire truck and a police car and a bounce house. Laci loved the fire truck. Here she is in it with Daddy. Oh, and also this is what Laci did on Saturday. She wanted to go so bad, so since it was 20 lbs and above, she went. She enjoyed it for a couple minutes, although I think if she wanted to do it next year she would like it even better (sorry for the blurry picture, but my camera on the phone isn't exactly the best).


Hear – I am actually hearing my daughter say her colors and numbers in Spanish. Last night she counted to 10 in Spanish and when she is done says. YEAH! It is really cute!

Touch – Fabrics – So last weekend Jake and I went to get fabrics from the store for my up coming class. I think it starts in a couple weeks. I am so excited! That will be a very heavy nice quilt! Below are pictures of the fabrics we chose. Also below that is the picture of the giveaway I won. I am so excited as this is one of my favorite fabric sets right now. I love Moda fabrics and can’t thank Harley and Sandy enough right now. I am so excited, I want to play with those more than be at work right now.


Taste – This one is easy, I made a recipe out of this Silly Snacks book, it was so easy to make, messy to break up, but tasty. Basically you take the butter crackers and line them up against each other in the pan (which has been wrapped in foil and coated with pam). Then you take two sticks of butter, one cup of packed brown sugar and a ¼ teaspoon of salt and boil it for three minutes without stirring it. Then pour it over the crackers. Spread with a spatula that is heat resistant and put it in the oven for 5 minutes. When it comes out pour semi sweet chocolate chips on top let them melt then spread over the other mixture. Then once you are done put pecans on top (chopped to preference). Below is the picture of that. Also pictured is the book and another snack I made for Laci from it that was a banana, peanut butter, pretzel centipede. Oh and for Laci for taste this week it was her first funny face at IHOP.


Smell – The fresh outside air. This past weekend Jake and I cleaned out the garage and got bikes. Needless to say I have already replaced the seat with a comfy one because after one hour on the other one my rear deemed it to uncomfortable to continue. So below you will see my pretty blue bike, Jake’s new bike and Laci’s pull along thing attached to his bike…. Did you know those things cost more than one bike? Ridiculous! Anyways, we all got helmets and have now gone two days in a row, and about to make it three tonight!


Anyways, I am about to mail off my package for the 13 days of Halloween Swap today or tomorrow (it is all wrapped up and ready to go to the post office). I can't wait to start sharing everything that I am giving to AJ. As soon as she gets the package I can post one thing thought because it was extra, hopefully I can make Laci's in the mean time that way when she gets it I can have a picture with a child modeling the thing instead of on a hanger. I finished it late last night and Laci was already in bed, then I got up and left before she even woke up, so a hanger was my model.

TTFN,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!