Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dr. Seuss Party Planning - Take 1 - Decorations

Ok, so 94 days until Laci's 4th Birthday Party, 51 days until Laci's real Birthday (did you notice the GIANT gap in between her birthday and party - to avoid conflict I changed the date), 39 days until my sisters baby shower and an unknown amount of time until Baby Holden actually arrives. Busy months ahead... YES!!! As it was put yesterday... "we are in FULL party planning mode" :o)

Anyways, so I stopped at the store and got some elastic so I can start working on the baby bag (actually sewing it together) but last night I made decorations with my mom... we have SO many already done and I am super excited about it...

Ones I don't have pictures for but that are already done are:
1) One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
2) The Sneetches (three of them - 2 with stars and 1 without)
3) Hop on Pop and the Kids for the door for Pop's Potty
4) The boy from the Cat in the Hat (I conveniently took the picture and must have been moving because when I looked at it last night noticed I only got a picture of his arm)

Here are the ones we did last night:
The little girl who will be holding a sign and some balloons...


The box


Thing 1 and Thing 2
Thing 1
Thing 2

And last but not least... HORTON! Isn't he just super cute!!! I know he doesn't look it but he is almost 4 feet tall... In LOVE with it!
Horton

Still on the to-do list:
1) (2) kids in chairs in the front of the window (to go in front of my window)
2) Fox in Socks
3) Garage door stuff (Mountian and Hot Air Balloon from Oh the places you'll go book)
4) Fish in the Bowl
5) Sam with Green Eggs and Ham
6) Big Hat for the Front Door to Welcome them to Seussville
7) Oh, and a lot of those cute Trees to go everywhere...

I know it is crazy, but we are just about done with the big decorations and I can focus on the smaller things like food labels, the menu, the bathroom decorations and pictures... eek still too much to do!

Oh, did I forget to mention that my sisters baby shower is going to be the same theme. So I am putting up the decorations before March 6th and they won't come down until after April 30th. Well it is a good thing that they are cute. Because I am not sure I could handle many themes for such a long time, but this one should be ok. I may hate Dr. Seuss by the time this is over with... just kidding. Who could hate the man who said "Don't cry because it is over, Smile because it happened!"

What do you think of the Seuss Party Planning - Take 1?

TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!