Friday, January 22, 2010

Feature Friday - Pillow Case Dress & Bows

Laci's party is only 64 days away, and I know that sounds like a lot, but when your list keeps growing to more than you can handle... why not pass off some of the stress right?!? So Laci's outfit for the picture to send with the invites and for the party haven't been done yet, I had no idea what I was going to do, and to be honnest I really wasn't in the sewing mood after all the holiday sewing I did.
I searched Etsy high and low and found this ADORABLE & AFFORDABLE pillowcase dress from Booger Bear & Pun-kin Pooh Boutique. The dress was $15.00 and the embroidery of her name was only $5. What do you think? Super cute right!!!



Could I have done her name and made the dress... yeah, but really it would have cost me that much in materials, because when I get material I always get way too much. Anyways, I am excited about this because it will be perfect for the day, plus I have the same exact red with polka dot fabric and black fabric at the bottom, so if I have the chance I will make some jeans to match or something. But, if not she can wear it as a dress or I can put her in pants to match. YEAH!!!

Ok, so onto something I don't make... bows! I love my bow lady and have talked about her before on here. Her korkers are aweseome! You can wash them inthe washing machine to get them clean. Every so often you may have to pull out the hot glue gun to secure one part, but it is worth it because we use her bows every single day. Laci wakes up and one of the first things she says is, "I need a bow". The site is QT Bows by Missy she is just fantastic! So, I ask you what you think will match the dress best? I have a small white, red & black korker, but I think that the dress needs one with yellow. What do you think about black & red with a little yellow? Let me know what you think? Below is one of her fantastic korkers.



Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!

TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!