Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cookies, cookies, cookies... I am addicted!

So yesterday I started this post and I got as far as this "I want to do ones like this...." two paragraphs down. Skip down to "TODAY's POST" a couple paragraphs down to reach current writing.

So I really want to do more cookies... I mean like I want to do them now. Problem is that work is in the way, but that's ok. Tomorrow night though I am going to make cookies to take to the hospital for my sister. I know I am a good sissy she would say. She actually randomly asked me the other day why I loved her so much. Stupid question, but sweet none the less. I love her for many reasons, but the reason I love her the most is because she knows how much work it takes to do the things that I do for her and REALLY appreciates it, you know. Not just a little bit, but a lot.

Anyways, I have been looking at tutorials and pictures and oohing and awhing over these cookies that I have seen. They are UH-mazing... and I want to do them. I have been reading recipes and looking at designs and getting the most amazing inspiration. My hubby will be out of town for a couple days, so tomorrow night is the perfect opportunity to do these. I am pretty excited. I want to do ones like this....

TODAY'S POST:
Do you ever get so busy that you write a couple paragraphs, get stuck doing other stuff and then life just takes over? Thats how I felt yesterday, and truly how I feel today. I got home yesterday, took Laci to take pictures in the bluebonnets... pictures to follow another day, went home, freezer papered two shirts, went to cheer private for Laci, came home and MADE COOKIES... I went to bed at 1am. I am VERY tired!

Ok, so my sister will probably be induced tomorrow and I am really excited that Laci will have a cousin to play with. With that said I decided that I wanted to do onesie and baby bottle cookies. But because I had to flood them, let them dry then do the second layer of decorating I had to get them started last night. So, with that said... I was up until 1 am making cookies. They don't look like much yet, but with the second layer of decorating they will be really cute... (crossing my fingers hoping so) PROMISE!

DSC_0119

Anyways, it has seriously taken me about an hour and a half just to write that... so before the phone rings again I am going to wrap this up. Tell me what you think so far.

TTFN~

2 comments:

  1. I think they look great already. I'm excited to see how you finish them off. I've never tried doing royal icing before. I'm too scared! You are a good sister! Good luck Aunt Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great so far! I've caught the 'cookie bug' too...aren't they SO much fun? Very time consuming, but VERY worth it! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!