Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Official Clothing Piece

Ok, so I have wanted to make clothing from scratch, and since I wanted to make Laci a pillowcase dress I decided that I would practice so that if there was anything I wanted to change on the real one that I did that I would like the final result. Well I am glad I tried it, but overall there is only one thing that I would do differently, that would be that I would prefer that the arm holes be 6-6 1/2 inches instead of 5 inches. I did it so much smaller than the instructions because I wanted to make sure it wasn't coming down too far under her arm. The one I made is wearable still, but it comes right under her arms. Plus, if I make it 6 1/2 inches, next year she will probably be able to wear it as a shirt with jeans.

I am excited that it turned out well and to boot I learned how to do french seams. I didn't do the final french seam part down the sides, but that was because I didn't feel like it needed it. It looks fantastic, now Laci on the other hand had just woken up from a nap and wasn't in the mood to be photographed, I will take another picture after we take a bath later. These will definatly be a staple item I will be making to match some of Laci's outfits. I love that you can make it a shirt too.



Anyways, I have to finish eating lunch, give Laci a bath, get ready for the game, take Laci to my moms for the night and then go to the soccer game... oh and of course going to karokee after. Yeah!!!

Have a great afternoon/evening!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!