Tuesday, April 26, 2011

OCD

Anyone who knows me at all can tell you I am OCD and completely anal retentive. Tell me is this too much. So this morning as I lay there before getting up I was thinking to myself how nice it would have been to have a birthday binder to stay organized. Don't get me wrong, I have my lists and stuff everywhere, but by everywhere I mean... one to do list is on my iPad, one list is on a piece of paper in my bag, and one list is at home in a bag. It would be really nice to have a birthday binder with sections for each area... like this:

Section 1: Birthday Topic & Random Ideas/Inspiration
Section 2: Cake/Cupcakes (Ideas or Vendor)
Section 3: Food Ideas & Shopping Lists
Section 4: Character Costume / Name & Number of person wearing said costume
Section 5: Bounce House
Section 6: Face Painter
Section 7: Wall/Garage/Mantle Decoration Ideas
Section 8: Balloons
Section 9: Outfit for Laci / Shirts for Jake and I
Section 10: Gift Bags
Section 11: Miscellaneous

I mean I already know that I am strange, think about things entirely too much, but work with me here... does this not sound like a decent idea? I mean my cards and brochures from vendors are just in bags and random places, then the next year I don't have to go searching for a piece of paper, I could just go to my 4th Birthday Binder and start planning my 5th and so on and so forth? I really just might do this for Laci's 5th Birthday, in fact I may go ahead and put stuff in said Birthday Binder and put the binder on a shelf in my craft room so that next year I can use my binder to contact the same vendors (provided they did a good job).

Am I crazy, OCD, or just organized?

TTFN~

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea! I'm anti list though, to my Jake's dismay. He makes a list for EVERYTHING. I mean, it's better than stressing over it because you misplaced something, or forgot something, right?

    Can't wait for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments on Less Cake More Frosting caught my eye today because I have people say the same things about me and it does hurt. But when we are wired that way to be crafty I don't think we need to apologize for it. I was thrilled when I clicked over to see that it was you and I already follow your fabulous blog:-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!