Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dr. Seuss Party Planning - Take 4 - Invitations Part 2

This year I wanted to do the magnet because it is my signature thing, but it wasn't as cute as it had been in years past (I still did it for the reminder significance of it - shown in yesterdays post). So I was looking one day for ideas and found this AWESOME book invitation. I mean to say it was anything short of amazing would be short changing it. So I found the etsy seller who only does custom orders and inquired about her amazing design. So after about 10 proofs (she may want to charge more in the future for people who are a pain like me **I did offer to pay her for being a super pain, but she said no**) we came up with the final result I am showing you today.

Now she sent me the previous one I had seen which was for a little boy turning 2 who aparently had a sister. Me on the other hand, have no other kids, so I improvised and am using my sisters still unborn kiddo as the boy. So I had to do quite a bit of re-wording... I mean four doesn't rhyme with anything and there were parts I wanted to change. If you want more information on the etsy seller, please contact me via e-mail or leave a comment and I'll share it with you. Otherwise if you go on her site there isn't much to see.

Here goes: Sorry for the darkness in some of the photos. My light box and flash weren't happy being used at the crack of dawn this morning.

Front cover of the book:
1

2nd Page:
2

3rd Page:
3

4th Page:
4

5th Page:
5

6th Page:
6

7th Page:
7

Back Cover:
8

Now if you noticed these are actually 5x7 cards that I printed these on. So after I got them printed I was going to glue the seams of the two cards together so that it looked like a genuine book. Lets just say craft FAIL using heavy glue because it seaped out and craft FAIL using a glue stick because it wouldn't withstand being read over and over (because lets just face it... they will be cuz they are just that awesome!). Anyways, I almost was going to go get a stapler that was long enough but my brilliant mother in law made the suggestion to stitch them down the middle... I think she originally thought by hand, but forget that, I used my machine and couldn't be happier with the result. It is just PERFECT!

Seam:
Seam

So what do you think of the REAL invitation piece? Pretty stinkin' cute right!?! Do you think that mom is going to die when she sees how much work went into the invitation? Probably right?!? Ok, done tooting my own horn today, your turn... j/k, but I would like to know what you think!

TTFN~

2 comments:

  1. That is really fun!! I'd love for you to link up to Wow Me Wednesday!

    http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/03/wow-me-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! LOve it my son 1st B-day is on December cant wait to use your idea... how can i print it like a book??

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!