Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Sense"-ational Tuesday also known to me as Take the Time Tuesday

"Sense"-ational Sundays came from Emily Adams an old co-worker who used to blog her senses every week. She always started with this... "Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday (or Tuesday for those of us who are a little lazy on Sunday) & let me know - I'd love to read along!" I find that it is a great way to share with my family and friends some of the highlight of things that I have done during the week that mean the most to me.

I SEE:
Thanksgiving/Fall Decorations... In our house we love fall. We love the smells, the colors, the sounds, the whole feel of fall. So we decided to get a jumpstart and pull out the decor. I mean it isn't like we have house parties once a week, so it is just us that gets to enjoy it. Let me just say, we already have and I LOVE IT!

I HEAR:
Happy Birthday Connor! This weekend was Connor's birthday party and Tia (my BFF) did a great job putting it together. Just look at this little guy waiting patiently for everyone to come sing him Happy Birthday!

I TASTE:
Spice Cupcakes with Buttercream Icing. Hello Mom, didn't you know I was on a diet? I was doing great until she asked me to make them yesterday. Needless to say I will probably sneak another one tonight and regret it in the morning, but whats life if you can't enjoy it... right?!?

I TOUCH:
Wrapping paper and a Nerf gun. I think I had the best present at the party. I didn't realize the thing was a rapid fire one that shoots off 20 darts until his dad shot them while I was holding up a cup (empty) and one stuck to my arm. I think I laughed for 5 minutes solid. That thing is FUN!
I SMELL:
Spice Cinnamon, the best fall scent on earth. Jake and I love it and are so happy to have the house decked out for fall! We had the candles burning all weekend with this fantastic scent... LOVE IT!

Here are a couple other pictures of the party. One is Connor and Hannah (his sister) and the other one is Laci (I know she could look a little happier) in the "car" for the obsticle course. It was so cute, and all the kids had a great time.

TTFN!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!