Friday, February 3, 2012

Wonka Party Planning - Take 1

If you know me personally, you know that I have been incredibly busy the past couple of months. My blogging has suffered and I am sorry that you have missed me. Oh, come on.... you know you have!

Anyways, party planning has already commenced and I have already started to think about decorations and am actually 4 weeks behind on this part. EEK! But the cake and face painters have been ordered/scheduled which are 2 major components, I still need to order the bounce house... but in all relativity... this is nothing. I mean I still have time right... WHAT DO YOU MEAN I ONLY HAVE 57 DAYS... CRAP! I have a lot to do!

But the invites have been started and now need to be printed and assembled.

Oh, you would like to see the prototype? Sure! I am so happy to have found Serendipity Soiree on Etsy! They were a pleasure to work with and I am very pleased with what they offered and what they created for me, errr... I mean Laci!

So for the outside I wanted the wrapper like in the movie, the back side I did a little editing on because I didn't like the Nutritional Info or the bar code provided. But that was some quick editing and it is all good now. For the golden ticket I really wanted gold leaf paper like in the movie... but seriously there is a plague for me trying to get golden tickets, I searched high and low for months. Below is what the Etsy site put together for me. I am even going to print gold on the back side so that they are gold on front and back. Oh, and you better bet the golden ticket will be in the chocolate bar! I am no amateur... it's going to be done right!

So here are the pictures:
Invite for Blog

Back of Wrapper

I am so totally in love with the fact that with the Silhouette Studio program I didn't have to cut these out by hand. Huh?!? Yeah you read that right! I popped the graphic into the Silhouette Studio program and then did the trace function around the tickets. After I did the trace function and was satisfied I PDF'ed the ticket with the print and cut feature.

I took the ticket and had it printed and then popped it onto my silhouette mat which cut the three tickets in seconds and all I had to do was sit back and admire my handy work. It was the first time I had used the silhouette print and cut feature and darn if it isn't the handiest thing EVER!!! I am going to be ordering more blades and cutting a LOT of stuff with that thing by using that amazing feature.

Have you used the feature? I bet if you haven't you want to now!

So since I LOVE COMMENTS, I would LOVE to hear what you think about the invitation part 1... oh come on, you know it is only part 1... I have to have a reminder magnet too!

Super stoked!
TTFN~

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Those look freaking amazing!!!!!!!! So excited, you better get your crap together, 57 days will fly by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!
    I actually have a party idea linkup on my blog right now - if you want to include this, that would be awesome!
    Here is the link:
    http://craftyladylindsay.blogspot.com/2012/01/party-ideas-link-up.html

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Lindsay
    www.craftyladylindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!