Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Sense"-ational Tuesday also known to me as Take the Time Tuesday (Wednesday this week)

"Sense"-ational Sundays came from Emily Adams an old co-worker who used to blog her senses every week. She always started with this... "Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday (or Tuesday [This week delayed to Wednesday]for those of us who are a little lazy on Sunday); let me know - I'd love to read along!" I find that it is a great way to share with my family and friends some of the highlight of things that I have done during the week that mean the most to me.

See:
This week while sick I completed the 121 blocks for my denim rag quilt. I love looking at the massive stack and feeling so accomplished for what I have already done. I appliquéd hearts on 60 of them and did a star design on the other 60 and then on the middle square did the home is where the heart is design. I can’t wait until I have class this Saturday to start putting this thing together.



Hear:
Tons of kids running around the party, and “Why don’t you decorate cookies.” As you can see from Laci’s lip she did as much eating as she did decorating.


Touch:
Laci just loved the dog at the party we went to on Sunday. We had such a great time and as you can see, she was so happy to play with Tigger the schnauzer.


Taste:
Laci had her first pop up ice cream this week. You can see from her expression it was cold. Ok, so I know I am dating myself, but do you remember when these used to be Flinstones pops? They aren’t anymore or not where we got this one. I was kind of sad. I always liked seeing Fred on the side. Ok, I am so totally over that and can’t believe I just actually said this.


Smell:
The weekend before we got sick we went to Owen’s farm for the pumpkin patch. We smelled the animals (yucky), but as you can see I got a good picture of Laci with the animals and with the scarecrow set up they had. It was so much fun, and let me tell you… the seeds that the hubby made from the big pumpkin we got were so good they were gone before I could take a picture!



Tomorrow I will upload more images from the 13 Days of Halloween Swap of the things I sent, I can't wait to post day 11's item that I made. It was made with a lot of TLC!
TTFN~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Sew Stinkin' Cute!